OBBG » Forums » Thank you for making this
vivek
3 posts
#11723 Thank you for making this
1 week, 2 days ago Edited by Jeroen van Rijn on April 19, 2017, 1:14 p.m. Reason: moved video link out of title

I got inspired by this video and wanted to learn how it all worked, so I looked into what else is there in the channel and saw obbg. I am not that into watching long videos but still wanted to learn more about how to do this. So I am going through the code commit by commit.

It will be super useful if there is some article explaining high level concepts, but I am grateful for what is there right now. Anyway wanted to say thanks.

Kelimion
Jeroen van Rijn
209 posts
3 projects

A big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey _stuff_

#11724 Thank you for making this
1 week, 2 days ago

Hi Vivek,

Welcome. I hope you don't mind that I cleaned up the post a bit. Having the video link in the title looked a bit unsightly. :)
vivek
3 posts
#11725 Thank you for making this
1 week, 2 days ago

yeah,sure I don't mind. For a second(before seeing your comment)thought It was done automatically :D
Miblo
Matt Mascarenhas
94 posts
1 project

Annotator, supper gatherer and slammer of thunderous high fives

#11726 Thank you for making this
1 week, 1 day ago

Hey vivek, to save you watching the videos in full, you could use the timecoded annotations to jump to places that take your fancy. These are currently only available in the YouTube descriptions, but will be available in a more readily navigable player once I've finished making it and it has been published.

This player is also part of a new annotation system which will include searching, category filtering and potentially a handy store of references cited on stream. The "category filtering" part of that has the potential to get us some of the way towards your requested articles explaining high level concepts. For instance, when Sean is working on the topic of networking, I mark up the annotation as being associated with the :networking category. We will be able to use this category information to filter annotations down to the categories in which we are interested, and we could also have a page for each category which contains an article explaining the concept along with links to the annotations where that concept or category is being worked on.

Something I hope for is that folks write articles on concepts that were overlooked during the annotation writing process, so we can go back in and mark them up, thus feeding back into the annotations, if you will, and hopefully making them the most useful resource they can be.
vivek
3 posts
#11728 Thank you for making this
1 week, 1 day ago

Thanks for the tip Miblo. Eagerly waiting for the player now.